Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
Flying Time from UK: 9 hours 30 minutes
Time difference to UK: GMT + 5 hours 30 minutes
10 Ideas you cannot do as a Tourist in India
- Participate in Elephant Polo – An ultimate Royal experience – In the land of Maharajas & Princes, the game of Elephant Polo was one of the ultimate Royal experiences. Guests arrive to a Royal Military Band. 15 – 400 pax
- Champagne breakfast with the splendid Taj Mahal as the backdrop – Champagne breakfast at Taj Khema, an elevated garden with amazing views of the Taj Mahal. 25 to 200 pax
- Flaming torch dinner in the middle of the sand dunes – Transport via a convoy of decorated canopied camel carts, accompanied by torch- bearers & musicians to the venue. The royal camp is illuminated with flaming torches and lanterns and you will be entertained by traditional folk artists and desert musicians. 25 to 200 pax
- Ride like Royalty in Vintage Cars – Aristocratic families have kept their vintage cars in their garages, some cars date back to the very early years of the turn of the century. Embark on a royal ride to explore the Pink City of Jaipur. From 30 pax
- Indulge in a cooking experience with a Royal Family inside their palace – Enjoy a cooking demonstration followed by a traditional meal. You will interact with the family and get an insight into the Indian aristocratic lifestyle. 6 to 30 pax Sunset cocktail cruise on the stately barge – Transfer to the jetty to board the royal barge of the house of Mewar. Enjoy cocktails on board as you enjoy a short cruise around Lake Pichola. 5 to 30 pax
- Experience the thrill of rowing a Snake Boat in Kerala – There will be two teams of rowers; one boat will comprise of the local oarsmen and the other boat, a mix of the local oarsmen, as well as group members who have a strong heart for adventure. From 75 pax
- Turban and Sari tying – the traditional Indian attires – Members of the group could be invited to try their hand at tying a turban or wearing a sari and dress ready for a party. From 100 pax
- Private prayer ceremony at Sunrise with the Lamas at a Monastery – As the sun rises, the monks in ceremonial attire come together for the morning prayers. An experience from anything even remotely familiar. 8 to 25 pax
- Enjoy a traditional horse polo match in Ladakh – Watch the players and their horses competing in open ground and enjoy high tea after the match, as your group gets to know the polo players. 25 to 400 pax
Top Reasons to visit India
- India is the oldest living civilization on Earth.
- India is a one-stop destination with mountains, rivers, jungles, beaches, deserts, exotic forts and palaces, exquisite monuments – undoubtedly one of the most diverse nations in the world.
- India is an origin of exotic culinary delights and classy fashion.
- India possesses unlimited opportunity for wellness (the ancient remedy of wellness for the mind, body and soul).
- Bollywood dancing with Bollywood Stars.
5 nights Golden Triangle Incentive Trip based on a minimum of 20 pax: £600 per person – twin sharing
This includes: 5 nights in a 5 star hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis, from 1st May to 30th September 2013, arrival & departure transfers, 2 half day & 1 full day sightseeing tours with entrance to monuments, 5 lunches, 4 dinners & 1 Gala dinner in a Heritage property in Jaipur.
Meditate in the Mountains Experience
The first opportunity relates to experiencing yoga and meditation, two of the most ancient wellness practices in India that stimulate the mind, body, and soul at the Chamba Camp Thiksey and Chamba Camp Diskit, Nubra. It offers superlative luxury tented accommodation surrounded by the majestic Himalayas.
The yoga sessions are conducted by Ms. Ira Trivedi, renowned authoress and Master of Yoga, with the highest training-the Acharya training from the famous Shivanand Yoga Vedanta Centre. She has studied and taught yoga around the world, and was part of the team leading the first International Day of Yoga (June 21, 2015) where two Guinness World Records were created –‘for the largest yoga lesson’ and ‘for the most nationalities in a yoga lesson’.
She is the founder of Namami Yoga, a charity that teaches yoga and life skills to underprivileged children. Ira has lived all over the world: in four countries, nine cities and three continents.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for 7 nights & 8 days
- Meal Plan is inclusive of vegetarian breakfast, 3 vegetarian lunches, and 1 vegetarian picnic lunch
- Special lectures and classes by Ira Trivedi
- Arrival and departure transfers
- All sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Domestic airfare for Delhi-Leh-Delhi
- Services of two English speaking guides
- Day 01: Arrive in Leh and transfer from the airport to Chamba Camp, Thiksey. The day is free for acclimatization. In the evening, enjoy Meditation at the Camp
- Day 02: After breakfast; enjoy teachings on the principle of Pranayama. Visit the old city of Leh and Thiksey Monastery followed by vegetarian lunch at Chamba Hotel
- Day 03: Experience meditation at one of the highest passes of the World – The Wari La Pass followed by a picnic lunch
- Day 04: Leh – Nubra: After breakfast, drive to Nubra and relax at the Chamba Camp, Diskit
- Day 05: Nubra: Visit the spectacular Maitrayee Budha. In the afternoon, meet a local family and relish a traditional meal with them
- Day 06: Nubra – Leh: Drive back to Leh for a day at leisure
- Day 07: Enjoy a special session of Pranayama and Yoga on the banks of River Indus. In the afternoon, visit Stok Palace and Stok Village
- Day 08: Depart Leh: Transfer to the airport for onward flight to Delhi
£3,230 per person (based on twin sharing)
Cruise the Ganges Experience
The second opportunity relates to sailing on the holy Ganges river onboard the luxurious Ganges Voyager, India’s first luxury river boat that heralded the advent of river cruising in India. Traveling along the sacred Ganges, you will spend your days immersed in some of India’s most resplendent cities, villages, temples, and forests, beginning in the teeming center of Kolkata (Calcutta).
By night, you will relax in luxury aboard the Ganges Voyager, dining on savoring cuisine inspired by local and western tastes, recanting the day’s experiences with fellow passengers, or gazing along the gently passing riverbanks for India’s iconic wildlife.
In addition to this unique experience of sailing on the Ganges, we have included a five-night pre tour across the fabled Golden Triangle that gives your clients an opportunity to experience one of the most popular circuits within India, including a visit to the mesmerizing Taj Mahal.
- Stay for 5 nights in luxury hotels on Bed & Breakfast basis
- 7 nights onboard the Ganges Voyager cruise on chosen room category including Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Sightseeing and shore excursions as per itinerary
- Services of English Speaking accompanying escort
- Entry to the monuments as per the itinerary
- All transfers, sightseeings, and excursions by air-conditioned coach, apar t from cruise duration
- Airfare for the sector Jaipur-Kolkata in Economy Class
- Assistance of Cox & Kings representative for arrival/departure transfers
- Shoe cleaning, welcome drink and cold towel service following excursions during cruise excursions
- Individual listening devices for cruise excursions
- Series of cultural performances, talks, welcome and farewell reception during cruise duration
From £5,520 per person
Please note that all prices are per person and subject to VAT
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mini Vohra and the Cornucopia Events™ team on +44 (0)871 288 3965 or +44 (0)7863 240513