An utterly unique event which takes guests on a journey behind the scenes of the jewellery trade and demystifies the world’s most sought after precious gem, the diamond.
During the course of this highly unusual and interactive corporate event, guests will gain a fascinating glimpse into the world of diamonds; right through from the creation of diamonds deep below the surface of the earth to behind the scenes in jewellery workshops.
Guests will learn how diamonds are valued, and will have the opportunity to handle a variety of stones and finished pieces. Using a jeweller’s eyeglass (a loupe) and a diamond testing machine guests will be shown how professional jewellers test for genuine diamonds or identify “created” synthetic diamonds. In addition, the hand tools used by craftsmen will be available for clients to try under instruction so that they can experience a feel for the manual dexterity used in the process of the trade.
Jewellery workshops are controlled environments, where mistakes are costly, but do sometimes occur and most pieces of hand crafted jewellery have their own story, a number of which will be shared with the guests during the interactive presentation.
Our crown jeweller has worked for a number of companies in London’s West End including The Crown Jewellers Garrard, David Morris, Tiffany’s and Asprey and been involved with the creation of many commissions for dignitaries and royalty around the world from royal engagement rings to Sultan’s wedding regalia.
Your Diamond Quest Event Includes
- All pre-event and onsite management
- Professional top class diamond setter
- Diamond quest presentation
- Professional equipment
- Example stones and finished pieces
- Costs: £220 per person + VAT
Diamond Quest Extras
- Branded clothing for guests/staff
- Tour of working jewellery workshop (dependent on numbers, location & availability)
- Team competition based around the recognition and valuation of diamonds
Suggested Itinerary for Diamond Quest
The Diamond Quest is entirely flexible around your requirements and can take a variety formats. The following is just to give you an indication of how the event can run:
- 14.30 | Guests’ arrival, introduction to their diamond guide & briefing of the event
- 14.45 | Interactive presentation concerning diamonds, their history and value
- 15.30 | Interactive session handling stones, tools and testing equipment
- 16.30 | Guests depart at leisure